Position: Psychiatric Services (MD, NP)
About the Position
We are looking for Psychiatrist MD or a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with an interest in psychedelic medicine to join our Combination Infusion Therapy medical practice. CIT Clinics leverages cutting edge research in psychedelic medicine with evidence-based clinical protocols to offer novel solutions in the treatment of physical and emotional pain. The ideal candidate for this position is a licensed psychiatric/mental health practitioner with an established track record and has both professional and personal experience working with consciousness medicines, psychedelics (especially Ketamine) and Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy. The role will include administering psychiatric evaluations, intake assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, and providing ongoing med management and support throughout a patient’s course of treatment. This is a part-time, independent contractor position requiring both in-clinic and telehealth services. Our preference is to create a relationship that has the potential to convert to partnership status.
About CIT Clinics
CIT Clinics (www.citclinics.com) is a veteran owned and operated medical clinic and creator of Combination Infusion Therapy (CIT) - a novel, cutting edge approach to treating emotional and physical pain. We provide an integrated approach that combines neurotherapeutics (Ketamine), nutrient therapies (NAD+, Glutathione, vitamins) psychedelic assisted psychotherapy (KAP) and life skills coaching (mindfulness, habit coaching) to treat anxiety, depression, PTSD, migraines, and chronic pain. We have found that our evidence-based medical protocols combined with a highly personalized and compassionate counseling approach have significantly higher success rates than most conventional treatments for physical and emotional pain.
Our team consists of American Board of Anesthesiology certified Anesthesiologists, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, Psychotherapists with training and experience in Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy, Psychedelic Guides and Life Skills Coaches. Our protocols are based on the most current peer-reviewed literature as well as thousands of hours of first-hand patient interactions. We pride ourselves in providing truly integrative patient care and the most efficacious and compassionate treatment possible. Our clinics are designed to feel comfortable and cozy, while simultaneously maintaining the rigorous standards of a fully licensed medical clinic.
As a psychiatric/mental health practitioner, you will be a core member of the clinical team helping manage the clinic for the day’s workload. You will be responsible for assessing appropriateness of ketamine treatments for patients presenting with psychiatric conditions including, but not limited to, suicidality, addiction, depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD and eating disorders. You will act as a key contact for patients and will perform duties to the highest standard while maintaining patient confidentiality. Teamwork and interpersonal skills are essential to the role.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Assess patients to determine eligibility, need for service, and make treatment recommendations.
- Assist the clinical/medical team in developing and implementing an individualized treatment plan with the goal of improving psychological and physical functioning.
- Review med management plan (meds other than ketamine).
- Document clients' progress on an ongoing basis and evaluate the extent to which outcomes have been achieved throughout the course of the treatment.
- Support anesthesiologists and care coordinators with patient communications and third-party mental healthcare providers (therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, primary care physicians), and the medical team.
- Participate in research initiatives and the education of clients, students, staff, and the community through ongoing professional development.
- Client sessions take place both in-clinic as well as via telehealth; Clinic hours are by appointment only.
Knowledge and Experience
- Membership/license in the appropriate regulatory body that authorizes engaging in psychiatric/mental health care (one that allows independent practice).
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience in individual and group therapy specifically focused on addressing common and complex mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, somatic disorders, and chronic pain, and trauma and stressor-related conditions.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and/or Internal Family Systems (IFS) model.
- Training in Consciousness Medicine and Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy.
- Personnel and professional experience with psychedelic-assisted therapies and mindfulness-based therapies.
At CIT Clinics, we accept, celebrate, support, and thrive on difference for the benefit of our patients, our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.